- Category: Politics
- Published on Thursday, 29 July 2021 14:03
July 28, 2021
The working group of Bosnia's Republika Srpska National Assembly (RSNA) defined amendments to the RS Criminal Code which would punish those disrespecting the entity, its flag or people with up to 15 years of jail time, N1 learned Wednesday.
This and another law will be presented to MPs on Friday at a special session, which followed as a reaction to the imposition of legal provisions banning the denial of genocide in BiH, by the outgoing High Representative Valentin Inzko.
As some members of the RSNA legal team told N1, everything was done according to the agreement of the leaders of the Serb parties from Monday.
It is specified that the following articles would be added to the Law:
– Whoever publicly insults, shows contempt or gross disparagement of the Republika Srpska entity, its flag, coat of arms, emblem or anthem, shall be punished by imprisonment for a term not exceeding three years.
– If the act referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article is committed in such a way that the Republika Srpska is marked as an aggressor or genocidal creation or its peoples as aggressors or genocidal, the perpetrator shall be punished by imprisonment for a term between six months and five years.
– If the act referred to in paragraph 2 of this Article was committed by an official or responsible person or a person in government institutions or a body financed from the public budget, they shall be punished by imprisonment for a term between two and ten years.
– If the acts from para. 1 to 3 of this Article, were committed with the intention of changing the constitutional order of the RS, its territorial integrity or independence, the perpetrator shall be punished by imprisonment for a term between three and fifteen years.