- Category: Politics
- Published on Thursday, 16 June 2022 08:52
June 15, 2022
The Steering Committee of the BH Journalists Association and the Free Media Help Line (FMHL) strongly condemned the burning of a car owned by RTRS journalist Natasa Miljanovic-Zubac which took place on Tuesday evening in Trebinje and demanded that authorities urgently investigate the case and arrest the perpetrators.
The Police station Trebinje received a report in the night between Tuesday and Wednesday that a parked vehicle was set ablaze in the town, and firefighters soon extinguished the fire. The local Prosecutor’s Office was informed about the case and an investigation is ongoing.
“We remind that in February last year, journalist Natasa Miljanovic-Zubac was the victim of verbal attacks and insults publicly directed at her by Vojislav Seselj, leader of the Serbian Radical Party,” the Association said, noting the criminal proceedings were initiated at a court in Belgrade regarding that case.
“The Steering Committee of BH Journalists and the Free Media Help Line express deep concern over this latest attack on RTRS journalist from Trebinje. Attacks on journalists, especially those manifested through vandal acts of destruction of their personal property, pose the greatest threat to media freedom in a democratic society and bring fear and insecurity to the entire journalistic community,” it said.
The association also said it will “inform all relevant domestic and international institutions about this case.”